In our Saturday Discussion Group this week, we talked about how easy it is to become overwhelmed by things in our life, and how easy it is to let these energies distract us from what we could otherwise be focusing on. Here is some inspired wisdom that our group asked us to share:
Don’t be overwhelmed by a huge to-do-list. You can only do one thing at a time, so focus on doing each thing as efficiently and as well as you can!
- Don’t add negativity to an already challenging situation.
- Encourage yourself – think positive thoughts!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help, physically or spiritually.
- If you do make a mistake, don’t punish yourself. Focus on making it right.
- Reflect on what you have accomplished and think of ways to further improve.
Put simply, stop trying to multi-task! It’s better to do one thing right than to try to stumble through a pile of to-do items. Instead of worrying about what could go wrong, or being intimidated by a huge pile of work, take things one step at a time. Focus only on what you need to do next, and do it well. When you are finished, cross that item off of your list and go on to the next item. As you go finish each task, congratulate yourself on what you’ve achieved. And by methodically focusing on what you need to do, rather on possibilities, you will finish it all a lot faster than you could have imagined. Congratulations!
We spend most of our lives focusing on learning, working and planning for a distant time when we can relax and enjoy ourselves. Set those rules aside: What are you doing to enjoy your life today?