Road to the future
The NC 107 highway project is getting ready to start back up again. A while back, we asked you for feedback to assist us in finding a new location. There are still a lot of things for us to consider, and we could use your help to make sure we are meeting your needs. But first, a few details:
Status of road project
Construction is expected to start by 2025, but a lot of things are happening even now that you cannot see. The state is preparing for the property acquisition phase of the project, which means that assessments will be made in the coming months and affected properties will be acquired during the coming year. This phase of the process is expected to be finished by the end of 2022, which means, at most, we have less than a year in our current location. Once the paperwork is in effect, we will have about 90 days (maybe a little more) to vacate the building.
How you can help
We are looking for a few dedicated folks to assist us determining the next phase of our journey. There are lots of details to consider, and we would like the input of our “regulars” to help guide us in the best possible direction.
What we need from you
- Help in researching and identifying a new location.
- Feedback on other things we might need to consider to achieve our goal
What needs to be considered
Based on your feedback:
- Central location in or near Sylva
- Minimal road noise
- Easy access by car
- Reasonable visibility for passers-by
- Flexible configuration/meeting space
- Ability to pay for the space (rent or purchase) once we find it
- Options for a temporary meeting space until a permanent location is secured (if needed)
- Other logistical concerns as they are identified
We will appreciate it if you let us know if you spot a potential location that inspires you! Thanks for your help!